Lunch Break, Learn & Create Resources
GCSN has worked alongside CORE Education and Cyclone to design and deliver a series of short digital PLD clips and accompanying slide decks which you can engage with during your lunch break. We are proud to share with you - Lunch Break, Learn & Create - a series of digital fluency, professional learning and development resources for educators.
Lunch Break, Learn & Create will support you to strengthen your digital fluency and effective use of digital tools to support teaching and learning programmes.
These sessions will cover all manner of things Google, including getting the most out of Google Suite for Education and which online tools and apps integrate well with Google apps to take them to the next level. We will also share strategies for the effective use of iPads and Chromebooks in the classroom, supporting your ākonga to seamlessly integrate their technology with effective digital apps and tools to create amazing mahi.
We will be adding to our Lunch Break, Learn & Create resource suite over Terms 2 and 3 2022 so be sure to keep coming back to this page for new content to support your mahi.
Let us know what you think of Lunch Break, Learn & Create
Your feedback about the Lunch Break, Learn & Create resources is important to us. Complete the short survey below to provide us with insights that we will draw on when designing and developing future PLD opportunities. Let us know what you thought of the session(s) by clicking on the link below.
Ngā mihi nui!
1. Introductions and AcknowledgementsIntroduction and thankyou to acknowledge the mahi put into the Digital Technologies Implementation Framework.
2. OverviewOverview of the DT Implementation Framework three Documents. How to navigate through them and ways to use them in your school.
3. CoachingLearn tips and tricks on how to use the DT Implementation Framework resource, and how to deliver it in your school or Kahui Ako.
4. Pedagogical ApproachDeep dive into Pedagogical Approach. Create a collective understanding of what Pedagogical Approach means by covering the areas of 1. Governance-level documents, 2. Local curriculum integration and 3. Digital Technologies progress outcomes
5. Professional LearningIn this video we take a deep dive into professional learning by looking at the four strands of 1. Collaboration and shearing 2. Professional learning model 3. Integration of Technologies across professional learning. 4. Budget and future focus for Digital Technologies professional learning.
6. Teaching and LearningDeep dive into the Teaching and Learning dimension of the framework, and understand what Digital Technologies Implementation looks like across the local curriculum through the two areas of 1. Sustainability of Digital Technologies and 2. Learning Community Culture and a Clear focus on ākonga engagement and achievement.
7. Tech and InfrastructureThe success of Tech and Infrastructure underpins the success of the other areas in the Framework. Understand and learn to define what access to tech and infrastructure means to the project. Cover how to obtain, manage and maintain resources through the areas of, 1. Access to Digital Technologies 2. Procurement and Maintenance
8. Whānau iwi/hapū and community engagementThis video covers Whānau iwi/hapū and community engagement. Knowing which procedures to have in place across Kura or Kahui Akoto to make the most of community engagement and what it should look like. Cover the areas of 1. Community of engagement 2. Equity of Learning 3. Whānau and ākonga understanding of permissions and access.