Minecraft Education Edition for Beginners
Time & Location
About the Event
Minecraft:EE is free for all ākonga and kaiako in Aotearoa, and is now available on most educational devices, including Window, MacOS, iPads and ChromeBooks.
To support you in making the most of this free tool, we've created an introduction workshop to get you started in using MEE with confidence across your curriculum.
This session will cover
- This beginners guide will help you build confidence in using Minecraft EE across the curriculum.
- Discover how other kaiako have used Minecraft EE with their students.
- Explore and learn through Ngā Motu, the Te Ao Māori Minecraft experience for kaiako and ākonga.
- Be introduced to MakeCode within Minecraft.
Who is this event for?
This session is suitable for Primary and Secondary kaiako who are new to M:EE and are ready to explore using this amazing tool through their local curriculum.
These hui will be taking place in Term 4. You are welcome to signup and we will let you know when a new date is set.
Facilitated by Wilj Dekkers
We enjoy sharing the free mahi with everyone. However, we have recently been experiencing people booking in and not attending the hui. This causes us over cater our events and disrupt our hosts' planning. We have decided, that 24hrs notice must be given if you are unable to attend this hui or a fee of $10.00 is payable to GCSN to cover catering, and where applicable, venue costs. Invoices will be delivered to the email in the booking form, and payment in full is the responsibility of the owner of the email address to pay within 2 weeks of delivery.
- Introduction to Minecraft:EE$0$00$0